rose786

10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2006
Status
Hey guys,

Trying to decide on a school for my post-bacc (or MS) and got to thinking...is there any difference in the way grades are calculated by AADSAS/TMDSAS for grades on quarter vs semester system?

Does one give a more favorable gpa calculation? (hope that makes sense)

doc3232

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2008
Status
  1. Dental Student
Hey guys,

Trying to decide on a school for my post-bacc (or MS) and got to thinking...is there any difference in the way grades are calculated by AADSAS/TMDSAS for grades on quarter vs semester system?

Does one give a more favorable gpa calculation? (hope that makes sense)

How could one favor gpa calculation?

rose786

10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2006
Status
I know it's a weird question. haha

What I meant to ask is: Is the AADSAS calculation for quarter grades the same as what the school calculates? What about semester grades? Does it usually go up or down.

I seem to recall AADSAS calculations for quarter grades being more involved.

About the Ads

jon68

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2008
Status
  1. Dental Student
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']This is how it worked for me - but I was a transfer student half way through my undergrad. It doesnt matter ultimately unless you are a very, very picky person and have to have down to the last .000X of your GPA affected. For me, AADSAS measured everything in Semester hours so the classes I took on the quarter system were automatically converted to semester hours (I transferred from a quarter system school to a semester one). For example, one 5 credit quarter class will give you 5 * 2/3 = 3.34 semester hours (I know, it should be 3 and 1/3 but they round up to 3.34. My undergrad that I transferred to rounded down to 3.33). Ok, thats fine, but lets say that you take three 5 credit quarter classes (one class a quarter for three quarters), that should be 15 * 2/3 = 10 credits right? Wrong, it will give you 3.34 + 3.34 + 3.34 = 10.02 credits. This could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it (your grades), and only if you take one class at a time. .

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads