Query

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lebeau

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I took Calculus over the summer at a JC after having graduated from high school, and sadly ended up getting a C. I ended up taking it later at my university and got an A. When applying to medical school or DO schools, will it be required that I notify them of the C I received at the JC?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I took Calculus over the summer at a JC after having graduated from high school, and sadly ended up getting a C. I ended up taking it later at my university and got an A. When applying to medical school or DO schools, will it be required that I notify them of the C I received at the JC?

You'll probably be required to submit both grades... However, a C in Calculus is far from a breaking point as far as getting accepted into medical schools in the long run.

Hello all,

You must report ALL grades from ALL schools attended, but there are two good things about DO application process: math is not included in your science GPA just your overall and they replace grades. So since you did well in the retake only that grade will count towards the GPA.

And a word of advice DO school are medical schools.:):)

Hello all,

You will be required to notify the schools of the C you got at the JC, but since you retook it for an A (assuming it was worth the same or more amount of credits), that grade will be replaced. It happened right after high school, so I wouldn't worry about it coming back to bite you.