birdboybird

5+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2013
134
19
Status
here my situation

Accepted to KCUMB. They say they need a science GPA of 3.25. I could totally see my science GPA dropping to like 3.24. Then i am done for....?

Is it possible to have a backup school and how does that work? I have an interview next week AZCOM and Touro Harlem. I wanted to go to both ii but now that KCUMB accepted me I figured I would only go to one. Which one should I go to. One of those schools would, hopefully, become my back up (or my main school if I liked it more then KCUMB).

Really stressed about this 3.25 thing...I don't want to lose my acceptance and all my other possible acceptance next May right before I go into medical school.

What should I do internet?! thank you
 
  • Like
Reactions: AlteredScale

PlaqueBuster

"Perfect" practice makes you perfect
Oct 9, 2014
738
500
Polar Vortex Tundra
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
The easiest thing to do is ask the admissions committee at KCUMB. Ask as a general question about their admissions policy and I am sure they will let you know for sure as opposed to asking us here where people are going to give you mixed responses.

Go to both Interviews. Getting an II is fortunate so congratulations. Don't miss out on an opportunity by skipping one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Goro
OP
birdboybird

birdboybird

5+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2013
134
19
Status
Well I called them, they said my file goes to a committee, I rather avoid that by getting a +3.25
I am wondering about formulating a back up plan.
 

Mr.Happy

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Jun 2, 2014
169
49
Status
Pre-Medical
I recommend you attend both interviews next week.
 

baxt1412

5+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2012
2,657
1,645
Status
Medical Student
I think I posted in another thread of yours asking the same thing.... simple solution - don't let it drop. EVERY EXTRA MINUTE you spend studying for your science classes right now is determining your acceptance.

you are accepted to a great school... don't mess it up.
 

hallowmann

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2012
5,538
5,134
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Wait, you're saying your overall sGPA will drop below 3.25 based on this one semester? Are you barely above a 3.25 or are you scared you'll get a C in a science class this semester?

I'd honestly be surprised if they rescinded your acceptance based on that (3.24 vs. 3.25), but it's really up to them, so I would try my best to avoid it, even if it means dropping or withdrawing from a class and taking it next semester.

As far as your other interviews go, I'd attend them both regardless. If you get into them, worst case scenario you pay a second seat deposit on the one you prefer and lose that money if you end up above a 3.25 and going to KCUMB. Even getting waitlisted is better than not attending the interviews, because at least you have a chance of a backup.
 

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
16,123
5,373
Status
Medical Student
As long as you got your 2 out of 3 you're probably fine. Elsewise summer class a sci credit in like astro or something and bump yourself up a bit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zelda840