Question about a class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NerdyAndrea

Pre-Med Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am talking with my advisor about having some other classes added to our science roster. I have always wanted to study embryology. Is this a class that will look attractive as an elective on medical school app?

A

Members don't see this ad.

In the grand scheme of things, it probably doesn't really matter at all. It only matters to the extent that it impacts your cGPA & sGPA.

Cool, and it's one of the things I'm most interested in.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
So I am talking with my advisor about having some other classes added to our science roster. I have always wanted to study embryology. Is this a class that will look attractive as an elective on medical school app?

A

The quicker you get out of the habit of taking something because you believe it will "look good" the better. Take the courses that interest you and take the courses that are required. In the end, it's your performance and not the subject matter (other than the required courses) that will "look good" as long as you perform well.

I was always interested in the subject and am taking it now and really like it. Well, I like 90% of it - though there are some odd things that I could care less about. But, then, there is hardly a class that you will love entirely! I have a foreign degree so I am also trying to complete at 60-70 semester credits on US soil before I apply next year. In addition to the pre-reqs, I want to take classes that interest me and this was one of them. Ping me if you want to know more about the class.

Take it if you'll enjoy it (and can do well.)

You get smatterings of embryo in med school. I usually like the embryology cuz it makes the anatomy make more sense to me and stick in my head. Makes you see things as the end result of a sequence.

Njbmd :) I'm taking what I can enjoy! I was just wondering if this were something that would help me, which would be a bonus, but not necessary. I am fascinted by embryology.

Andrea