Question about AASDAS and Recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hdkyu10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if someone could provide some clarity about how the recommendations work with Interfolio and AASDAS.

Some schools say they want 2 letters, but "AASDAS will accept a maximum of 4 letters," so they'll take additional letters.

If I have 4 letters, do I send these 4 letters to all schools, or do I specifically pick the letters for each school? How does it work on AASDAS?

Also, I actually have 5 letters. Will I be able to upload all 5? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't used Interfolio before, but from what I've heard you'll need to make an Interfolio account. Once that's completed you use a link the Interfolio creates and you send that link to your letter writers, who'll upload the letters to that link and from there Interfolio will store it for you. When the AADSAS comes around, I think you submit to AADSAS the Interfolio link(s), which then will send AADSAS the letter your letter writers wrote. Someone please correct me if there's anything wrong with what I said.

Most, if not all, schools require at least two letters (usually science professors) with some requiring a third (a dentist, etc). AADSAS will let you submit up to four (OR a single committee letter and one additional LOR), so schools will accept up to four letters as well. If you have five, one doesn't make the cut. AADSAS is a single application that ADEA sends to all the schools you applied for, so all your letters will be seen by all the schools you applied to. As a result, you should not try to make your PS or LORs be school dependent by any means. Some school may have accept letters outside the AADSAS application (sent directly to the school), but usually this isn't always the case.

Best of luck~

I'm curious as to how it all works with aadsas and tmdsas too but getting them from professors is easy. I signed up for it 2 weeks ago and my professors already have their letters in. Seems to be a good time to ask since they're still in work mode but not yet busy with finals and summer vacations. I'm thinking we'll be able to delegate which letters go where.

Reactions: 1 user