Question about abstract and application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

satdixon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My PI recently had an abstract accepted to DDW, but I am not the presenting author as my PI is. However, I am most likely going to be listed as the first or second author, while the abstract will be published supplement to GIE: Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. I was wondering if it would be okay to put this on my application for this upcoming cycle and if this would look good?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lots of conferences publish all of the abstracts in a supplemental issue. Looks like Gastrointestinal Endoscopy publishes everything in May of each year. You're in luck because each abstract gets its own DOI number. Use this to cite it.

Here is one that I found from the 2021 proceedings. DOI:Redirecting. And here is how I would cite it on your CV:

Author 1, Author 2, Author 3, et al. Title here. Journal Title. Vol 93, Issue 6, Supplement, AB2, June 2021. DOI Number here.

Reactions: 1 users
Lots of conferences publish all of the abstracts in a supplemental issue. Looks like Gastrointestinal Endoscopy publishes everything in May of each year. You're in luck because each abstract gets its own DOI number. Use this to cite it.

Here is one that I found from the 2021 proceedings. DOI:Redirecting. And here is how I would cite it on your CV:

Author 1, Author 2, Author 3, et al. Title here. Journal Title. Vol 93, Issue 6, Supplement, AB2, June 2021. DOI Number here.
What is a DOI number?

What is a DOI number?
"A DOI, or Digital Object Identifier, is a string of numbers, letters and symbols used to uniquely identify an article or document, and to provide it with a permanent web address (URL). A DOI will help your reader easily locate a document from your citation. "

cut and pasted the above from a university library website.

Reactions: 1 users
"A DOI, or Digital Object Identifier, is a string of numbers, letters and symbols used to uniquely identify an article or document, and to provide it with a permanent web address (URL). A DOI will help your reader easily locate a document from your citation. "

cut and pasted the above from a university library website.
Thanks @LizzyM ! What are your thoughts on this abstract?

An abstract is good as is a presentation, even if you are not the presenter. It shows that the work on which you are a co-author has reached its intended purpose to create generalizable new knowledge.