Question about actual RC section on DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crhoody12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had a curious question...is the scrolling arrows on the real DAT when you move the passage up and down to read it all easy to handle? This may sound like a stupid question but I just took a Kaplan Computerized Practice DAT (from the CD from the book) and I would read the first paragraph and attempt to scroll down to the second paragraph and it would skip to basically the end and I couldn't read the entire passage. Had the same problem with the m/c answers, could never entirely read choice C. I just want to make sure that during the actual DAT, people did not run into such a problem. I was so frustrated I just skipped the entire section. I have topscore but have not done a test yet...is the real DAT like that or? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't have any problems with the system when doing RC. My only complaint would be that on the screen with the questions, the font was too big and required me to scroll down to see all the answers...

Otherwise, its pretty user-friendly, so don't worry

I had this exact same problem with Kaplan's CD-Rom practice test that came with my blue book. It was exactly as you described. You had to the arrow one really light and fast click to have it go down the amount you needed.

So frustrating.

Topscore and Achiever were much better, incase you're wondering.