Question about application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SCDP

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the application opens up early June but how does it work? Is it something where you have to fill it all out right away and then submit it or can you fill in a bit here and there and save it and then submit it a few days later?

For the transcript section, do you first have to fill out the application then request for your transcripts to be submitted to AADSAS?

Does the application wait for all things to be entered like grades, transcripts, personal statement, extra-curriculars, LORs, and then does it send it to the schools you submit???

Also my other main question was the DAT, what if I wait to take the DAT until like end of June/early July?

Can I still submit my application without the DAT scores? BUT then how do I send my scores to the schools? Would I still need to submit my scores to AADSAS even if the rest of my application is already sent or what?

What if I request my DAT scores to be sent to schools from the DAT people? Do I still need to send it through AASDAS or something else?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1. It saves what you enter until you're ready to submit.
2. You enter schools attended and it gives you a form to include with your transcripts. You take that form to the registrar (or email it) and tell them to put it in the envelope.
3. Everything but DAT scores and letters need to be entered/received in order to submit/verified/mailed out.
4. That is fine.
5. Yes, you can indicate in the application you will be taking the DAT. If you have completed everything else (except letters), your GPA will be verified and application willl be sent to the schools of your choice. As long as you checked off a single school when you applied for the DAT (just select all of them), you don't have to do anything further. It will be attached to your application 2-3 weeks later and then everything will get mailed out again.
6. Just select the boxes when you register then you don't have to request anything. It will automatically be imported into your application provided that your name and DENTPIN match.

I know the application opens up early June but how does it work? Is it something where you have to fill it all out right away and then submit it or can you fill in a bit here and there and save it and then submit it a few days later?

For the transcript section, do you first have to fill out the application then request for your transcripts to be submitted to AADSAS?

Does the application wait for all things to be entered like grades, transcripts, personal statement, extra-curriculars, LORs, and then does it send it to the schools you submit???

Also my other main question was the DAT, what if I wait to take the DAT until like end of June/early July?

Can I still submit my application without the DAT scores? BUT then how do I send my scores to the schools? Would I still need to submit my scores to AADSAS even if the rest of my application is already sent or what?

What if I request my DAT scores to be sent to schools from the DAT people? Do I still need to send it through AASDAS or something else?

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
2. You enter schools attended and it gives you a form to include with your transcripts. You take that form to the registrar (or email it) and tell them to put it in the envelope.
3. Everything but DAT scores and letters need to be entered/received in order to submit/verified/mailed out.
4. That is fine.
5. Yes, you can indicate in the application you will be taking the DAT. If you have completed everything else (except letters), your GPA will be verified and application willl be sent to the schools of your choice. As long as you checked off a single school when you applied for the DAT (just select all of them), you don't have to do anything further. It will be attached to your application 2-3 weeks later and then everything will get mailed out again.
6. Just select the boxes when you register then you don't have to request anything. It will automatically be imported into your application provided that your name and DENTPIN match.
Thanks for the answers!

So do I need to wait for transcripts to be received and GPA verified before submitting the application, if so, I technically couldn't submit my application day 1(not that it's a big deal)?

So if I upload my letters, send my transcript, have my personal statement on there, entered my extra-curricular/shadowing stuff, I would be all set and wouldn't have to do anything extra involving my DAT or any aspect of the application as long as I check that I will be taking the DAT and have them send my scores to every school?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can electronically submit your application as soon as you fill in all of the information requested. Your transcripts will be uploaded and gpa verified independently, so you don't have to wait.

And yes, check off that you will be taking your DAT and they'll ask for the date that you'll be taking it. If you do that you will be fine.

Thank you for all the great answers. It's a relief to gain some insight into the application cycle.

Hey what do you mean by select all of the schools during the DAT. Does that cost money? Also if it gets sent out to all schools what is the significance of question/answer 6.

Hey what do you mean by select all of the schools during the DAT. Does that cost money? Also if it gets sent out to all schools what is the significance of question/answer 6.

You have option of having ADEA send your DAT score directly to the schools for free when you take or register for your DAT(can't remember exactly when). It doesn't matter since schools receive your DAT score from your AADSAS anyway. Just make sure when you register for the DAT that you send score to at least one school since if you don't send your score to a school, AADSAS doesn't receive your score and you will have to pay like $30 later so your score gets uploaded to AADSAS.

4. That is fine.

I applied last cycle, and have a college class that was taken while in high school. so I had to send in two transcripts in for the college attended while in HS and the college Im currently attending. Any clue as to if I will have to resubmit the transcript with that one class on it?