Question about Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uvaGirL07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering... do you send in the letters of recommendation as a part of the secondary? and if so, around what time of the year are these due? I'm a new pre-dent and I'm trying to figure out how to schedule my activities... So any insight would be much appreciated! Thank you!! :D

also, even after you send in your three, you can send in more, right?

Members don't see this ad.

No, you send in your LORS when you are filling out your application with aadas, and after everything is completed you might recieve a secondary from the school. Sending too many LORS sometimes throws off Adcoms. Three should just do

Regarding LOR's, I see a different requirement for many schools. Some schools want 2, some want 3, some want 2 from science and 1 from non-science, some want 2 from professors and 1 from a dentist, etc, etc. Is there an easy way to please all of them?

TIA for your reply

Members don't see this ad :)
I got all my LOR's in January of the year I applied (this year) I wasn't going to chance not getting them on time.

That way I was sure that they would be in my hand in MAY so I could send them to aadsas. I had two dentists, three science profs, and one nonscience prof. That covered me.

I skipped the whole pre dent comittee letter. I don't buy into that system at my school. You can do it either way. This is just the way I did it (and it has worked so far). You can do it anyway you want.

I skipped the whole pre dent comittee letter. I don't buy into that system at my school.

don't most (if not all) schools require a premed/predent committee letter?

No, most schools don't even have a comittee. (I am guessing)

Like I said, it has worked for me.

I reccomend 4 LOR's. One from a dentist (preferably one you shadowed, not your mom!...unless she is an active alumni at your top choice and that school is UoP!!) and 3 science LOR's from PRE-REQ SCI COURSES. That will cover 99% of all schools.

Health professions office can be a great help if lets say you don't get in this year, they will save your letters, and next year u don't have to ask ppl for LORS again!

Some schools require all leters sent through your HPO. It is much less work than if u try to organize it all yourself. But make sure u do what the particular school you are applying to requires or likes better.