Question about Application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supermax

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has your education ever been interrupted or affected adversely for reasons other than deficiencies in conduct or academic performance?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would mention it in your personal essay

Yes, it is very important that you mention that. They need to know why your grades dropped the way they did. You dont want them thinking you got lazy and didnt care anymore or something insulting like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has your education ever been interrupted or affected adversely for reasons other than deficiencies in conduct or academic performance?

I was diagnosed with brain tumor in my junior year, my grades went down badly that year. Should I tell the schools in this part of the application or hide my sickness? Please help.

I'm very sorry to hear this. How will this affect your goal in becoming a dentist (in other words, are you healing)?

I was diagnosed with brain tumor in my junior year, my grades went down badly that year. Should I tell the schools in this part of the application or hide my sickness? Please help.

That is exactly what the question is asking for... Family/personal/health/etc. issues... other than "deficiencies in conduct" (a.k.a. Laziness).

Thanks for the responses, I finished my undergraduate studies with 3.02. Currently doing grad school and getting back to life. I went through 1.5 years of radiation treatment.