Question about applying before taking the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiikookie

PrePod
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i'm set on taking the DAT in mid july, and I plan on submitting my application by end of june. I know that schools won't look at my application until my DAT scores are in, but I heard that they do look at it, notice I don't have a DAT score yet and put my application "aside" meaning they will toss my application and not look at it again because of no DAT score. In that case, should I submit my application the day after I take my DAT in july?

Members don't see this ad.

So i'm set on taking the DAT in mid july, and I plan on submitting my application by end of june. I know that schools won't look at my application until my DAT scores are in, but I heard that they do look at it, notice I don't have a DAT score yet and put my application "aside" meaning they will toss my application and not look at it again because of no DAT score. In that case, should I submit my application the day after I take my DAT in july?
that's not how it works...

Members don't see this ad :)
I would 100% submit your application as soon as you can before the DAT! It takes a while to verify and everything anyways. After you take your DAT, you can submit your DAT unofficial scores to schools by emailing their admissions before your official score is input into the AADSAS account! I submitted my application a month before I took my DAT and had no issues at all! Everyone I talked to strongly suggested getting your application in early even if it's before your DAT! Side note: many schools won't start looking at AADSAS at all until August! Don't stress!

Reactions: 1 users
I am trying to submit right now but 2/3 of my schools will not let me submit. When I click status it just says my letters of rec have been received and approved and says nothing about a DAT score. I have not taken the DAT but everything else is in. Am I missing something? I thought you could submit to every school before as long as you have a registered date for your DAT.

I am trying to submit right now but 2/3 of my schools will not let me submit. When I click status it just says my letters of rec have been received and approved and says nothing about a DAT score. I have not taken the DAT but everything else is in. Am I missing something? I thought you could submit to every school before as long as you have a registered date for your DAT.
On my application last year in the DAT section I just input my date that I was taking the test, does yours let you do that?