Question about applying...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JHTN

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I know most people are applying either at 2 years finishing all pre-requisites or finishing their B.S. My current condition is that i'm in my second year (spring) and about to finish all my pre-requisites except physics which i plan to take in my junior year with other classes not required for pharmacy school. so is it a good idea to apply during this fall of 2006 is what i'm asking if i'm doing 3 years undergrad? or just finish my B.S.?

It seems just like no life at all trying to finish all the pre-requisites in two years and that leaves no room to work or to work in a pharmacy environment to see how it is.

Current GPA 3.6 and waiting to take PCAT this June.

Members don't see this ad.

JHTN said:
Hi, I know most people are applying either at 2 years finishing all pre-requisites or finishing their B.S. My current condition is that i'm in my second year (spring) and about to finish all my pre-requisites except physics which i plan to take in my junior year with other classes not required for pharmacy school. so is it a good idea to apply during this fall of 2006 is what i'm asking if i'm doing 3 years undergrad? or just finish my B.S.?

It seems just like no life at all trying to finish all the pre-requisites in two years and that leaves no room to work or to work in a pharmacy environment to see how it is.

Current GPA 3.6 and waiting to take PCAT this June.

Having a BS degree may make you a slightly more competitve applicant. However, it is not a requirement and it isn't looked down upon if you don't have a degree. I would recommend applying this fall. If you get in, great! If not, then you can stay where you are and continue to get your BS and apply the following year. You won't be losing out on anything by applying this fall (maybe some money) and with a 3.6 GPA you have a good shot at getting into many pharmacy schools. Best of luck. :)

I agree with calrx

It's up to you if you want to finish the BS. I opted to do that, but you don't have to. As long as you have the prereqs you're fine. :thumbup: