question about applying...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkrichev

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone. i just had a few questions. hopefully someone has the time/knowledge to answer them. i'm a graduate of stony brook university (may 2005), now taking my pre-reqs at another college. i plan on taking the MCAT this upcoming August. however, i also plan on sending my applications in early june. the thing is, by then i'll have only completed 7 of the 8 science courses required, but i was actually planning on taking the last class this upcoming fall, opposed to taking it in the summer, because i really want to focus on the MCAT, and nothing else. so, my question is... by me waiting until the fall semester to take the last class, will i be effected with when schools actually start looking at my application, or will they still look when it's received? any advice will help! thanks in advance, and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

bkrichev said:
hey everyone. i just had a few questions. hopefully someone has the time/knowledge to answer them. i'm a graduate of stony brook university (may 2005), now taking my pre-reqs at another college. i plan on taking the MCAT this upcoming August. however, i also plan on sending my applications in early june. the thing is, by then i'll have only completed 7 of the 8 science courses required, but i was actually planning on taking the last class this upcoming fall, opposed to taking it in the summer, because i really want to focus on the MCAT, and nothing else. so, my question is... by me waiting until the fall semester to take the last class, will i be effected with when schools actually start looking at my application, or will they still look when it's received? any advice will help! thanks in advance, and good luck!

As I understand it, you will not be seriously considered until your official MCAT scores are in thier hands.

well that's understood (about the mcat).. but my question is, will they look at my app without that final class? obviously it would help if i had it, but...

Members don't see this ad :)
bkrichev said:
well that's understood (about the mcat).. but my question is, will they look at my app without that final class? obviously it would help if i had it, but...

The class won't matter as long as your MCAT score is in. You can update them when the class is complete. As long as you do well in the class, you're OK. I thought you said you were putting off the MCAT until you completed the class.

bkrichev said:

It is completly fine not to have all the pre_reqs in as long as with your secondaries you send in the classes you will be taking. You are doing the right thing. Send that application in as soon as you can and you will probably get some secondaries even before they get your Mcat, but nothing will happen until they get the test scores. You are doing the right thing!! Good luck