Question about ASTRO abstract submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pewl

The Dude Abides
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for those of you who have submitted abstracts to ASTRO in the past. On the submission form it states that the abstract must be sumitted by the "author" and not by any of the "co-authors." Does this mean that it must submitted under the first author's name? If so, does this first author need to be a member of ASTRO, or is it ok if just one of the co-authors is an ASTRO Member?

Also, how long does it typically take for them to notify whether or not it has been accepted, and do they notify you by email?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The abstract should be submitted by the person who will present it at ASTRO if it is accepted. This is usually the first author, but does not have to be (at least that is my understanding - please read the rules to confirm before submitting). None of the authors need to be members of ASTRO to submit the abstract.

They are a bit slow in notifying; it took about two months last year (submitted in April, found out in June; this year the site says they will notify by May 5th). They do notify you by email.

first time submitter here as well... Is there a fee for submitting an abstract?

Members don't see this ad :)
no fee.

since astro itself is a month earlier this year, the registration deadline was moved up a month....and so should the notification of acceptance.

I was looking at the submission form and it seems you can only list one author. The rules say that up to 10 authors may be listed. Am I missing something on the submission form or do the other authors get added only after the poster has been accepted?

I haven't looked at the submission form this year, but in past years, there was an "add author" button, I believe. You just keep adding authors until you have them all. Then you can re-arrange, if need be.