D

deleted647690

There is a question in the BR bio II book in chapter VII, passage XI. It asks, "Based on the data in tble 1, which of the following compounds can be phosphorylated exergonically by ATP?"

I don't know if anyone has this and can reference it, but could someone explain to me why B is correct? I got it right, but I can't understand the actual reason. I just saw that B was the only answer that had a lower absolute value of delta G than ATP hydrolysis as compared to the other answers. I'd like to know the real reasoning, and I'm not really making sense of their explanation

aldol16

5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I don't know if anyone has this and can reference it, but could someone explain to me why B is correct? I got it right, but I can't understand the actual reason. I just saw that B was the only answer that had a lower absolute value of delta G than ATP hydrolysis as compared to the other answers. I'd like to know the real reasoning, and I'm not really making sense of their explanation

Just draw out the coupled chemical reaction. ATP ---> ADP + Pi, X + Pi ---> X-Pi. Add the delta G's of those two reactions together and find the one that's negative.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads