question about azcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanip

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i had a question about azcom.. i just got off the phone with bea and she told me my file is complete, it will be going to committee in a few days. for those of you who are complete and got an interview, did you get an email asking you to set up your 'interact now' account? thats how they did it last year, but she said i would get something in the mail. just wondering how you guys found out you got an interview. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Well I got both. First an email saying to schedule online...and then the exact same message through snail mail. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I am glad she told you they were reviewing in a few days. I was a little afraid I had not heard back yet, but when I called she had not received a letter yet. I think that put me into the second group of reviewing. Hope to hear fromthem soon. I have heard good things about the school.

If you guys/gals don't mind me asking, what were the stats (MCAT, GPA, experience) for those who have received word so far?

I am glad she told you they were reviewing in a few days. I was a little afraid I had not heard back yet, but when I called she had not received a letter yet. I think that put me into the second group of reviewing. Hope to hear fromthem soon. I have heard good things about the school.

If you guys/gals don't mind me asking, what were the stats (MCAT, GPA, experience) for those who have received word so far?

I got in to AZCOM during last year's app cycle, I had 29Q MCAT, 3.69 cum, 3.54 sci GPA. They obviously look beyond the numbers, and your ECs and relevant work/volunteer/medically related stuff, but they do have averages that are among the highest at DO schools.

The interview was the a bit difficult, they have a panel of 3 (student, prof, DO) interview you all at once, but look over the SDN interview feedback, I found it to be VERY helpful and VERY accurate for what kind of questions to expect, and actually got asked quite a few that I had seen before on SDN and luckily had already formulated answers for... especially the strange one about choosing 3 people from any time in history to have dinner with. My best advice is to relax, be friendly and don't be afraid to say you're not sure if you're not sure about the answer or the question. The worst thing about PHX area (if you're not from there like I am) is the heat in the summer... man, it's really awful sometimes! :rolleyes:

good luck you guys! :luck: I really liked AZCOM, but KCOM ended up being a better fit for me... ;)

but our winters are so nice :) i wish i'd had my camera to post a picture of the sunset last night (my boyfriend lives near the school)--it was amazing.

Thanks for the advice, strawberryfield. I have a 26N, 3.54 science, 3.56 non-science. I have worked as an RN for almost four years. However, based uponnumbers only, I may be put on hold. That's okay, I knew that going in...

Thanks for the advice, strawberryfield. I have a 26N, 3.54 science, 3.56 non-science. I have worked as an RN for almost four years. However, based uponnumbers only, I may be put on hold. That's okay, I knew that going in...

I have been an RN for a little over 3 years. My MCAT is 28R, Science GPA 3.90 (according to ACOMAS, but 3.63 according to AMCAS) and 3.53 overall GPA. So I think you should be ok if your LORs and the ECs are good.
I just scheduled an interview for late September. It seems like a nice school but it is so expensive for out of staters.

I'm sure both of you guys have just as good of a chance as anyone, remember, to have an "average," a school must have students who are both above and below the "average numbers" by definition. Having so much work experience will definitley, especially as an RN, be something they will look at favorably-- you have seen medicine for what it really is, gotten your hands dirty, and experienced it all the frustrations included, probably seeing some of the best and worst examples of physicians alike, and knowing all of this, still want to pursue it. I think that is so much better than a student applying who does not have such experiences... I didn't have nearly the experience you guys do as such, and this is just my opinion, but I think AZCOM will look very favorably on you as a whole person, DO schools in general will do this, just as we practice medicine!!! :D that's why we're the best, and don't worry, when you get in to DO school, you won't forget it!!!! Best of luck to you both!!!!!! :luck:

Thanks Strawberryfield and OnmywayRN. This process is both incredibly exciting and demonstrably frustrating! I have not had any holds yet, and I have two interviews so far. However, I only applied to four schools. The truth is I just couldnot afford applying to schools I didn't really want to attend.