Apr 2, 2010
Status
Non-Student
Does any biology class count towards the BCP, or just the pre-requisite biology classes? Just wondering if some classes that I took, such as Human Nutrition & Survey of Diseases, count towards BCP since they were both offered via the Biology department.

Nov 13, 2009
Status
Dental Student
i'm sure neuroscience classes count too. can someone confirm this?
Neuroscience courses only count if they are offered through the biology department. My neuroscience class didn't get counted towards the BCP because it was offered through the psychology department.

Nov 13, 2009
Status
Dental Student
I don't believe psychology is even considered as "other-science" either. The three I have had were counted as non-science.

MrBeans

MrBeans
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I don't believe psychology is even considered as "other-science" either. The three I have had were counted as non-science.
Intro psychology is not considered an "other science" from what I gather.

However, upper level psychology classes may be considered an "other science."

Anyone care to confirm this?

schen140

7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2010
CA
Status
Dentist
psychology classes go into non-science unless it's title focuses on some sort of biology

unless the aadsas person who told me this was wrong, the class title is more important than the department the class is offered under, in determining whether its counted as bcp or an other science. for example, i took a class called integrative biology 144: animal behavior. it was offered through the biology department, but animal sciences was a category that falls under non science by aadsas, and they confirmed for me that the class would be counted as non science

hope that helps

2PacClone23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
My BCP is by far my lowest section of my GPA. I mean, I got C's in genetics and biochem and B's in gen chem. Only A was in 1 bio class. My BCP = sucks