Question about BIDMC interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flighty

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What time is the interview day over? I emailed the coordinator but she is being vague (the end of the day... !?!) Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What time is the interview day over? I emailed the coordinator but she is being vague (the end of the day... !?!) Thanks!

Don't know if you've received your confirmation letter yet, but it says "Your day will begin at 10:30am, and you will be finished at approximately 3:30 pm."

I have not received my confirmation letter & it has been over a month. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)

Maybe because it's different for different applicants? Some applicants have special interests and want to meet with extra interviewers (or extra interviewers want to meet with the applicant). Sometimes the day schedule is shifted because of meetings or people being out of town or whatever. Where I trained the interview day didn't always start at the same time or finish at the same time. The only reliable thing you could count on was lunchtime.

If you really need to know for the purposes of a flight (like, for example, the last flight out of town is at 6pm and you need to know if you can make it) then ask them, and tell them this specifically. If you are vague, they might be equally vague. If your plans can be flexible, just book a later flight. Some programs also have time at the end of the day where you can hang out or go to an afternoon conference - they may build that into the timeline they give you.

I have not received my confirmation letter & it has been over a month. Thank you.

When is your interview? A lot of times programs only send out the confirmation a few weeks prior to the actual interview, because they are still working on the schedule.

From my interview travel recollections, the BIDMC program coordinator was by far the best and most organized of any PC I met.

Also if you are worried about catching a plane most programs are very accommodating. Usually the last person that interviews you will ask if you have a plane to catch ;p.