Question about California Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agreenawalt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So do the California optometry schools process applications later than the other schools? Out of all of the schools I have applied to, the California schools are the only ones who have not finished processing/reviewing my application yet (as far as I know). From what I have read in other posts, it seems that most people have not yet heard back, so I just wanted to see if anyone knew why.

Members don't see this ad.

So do the California optometry schools process applications later than the other schools? Out of all of the schools I have applied to, the California schools are the only ones who have not finished processing/reviewing my application yet (as far as I know). From what I have read in other posts, it seems that most people have not yet heard back, so I just wanted to see if anyone knew why.

well I havent heard from cali schools or neco, uhco or the midwest. so idk

well I havent heard from cali schools or neco, uhco or the midwest. so idk

Yeah. I didn't apply to any of the other 4 you listed, but it sounds like most people haven't... I guess some schools are just extremely fast and some are super slow :( which cali schools did you apply to?

Members don't see this ad :)
I only applied to one CA school (SCCO) but I got their supplemental app on Monday or so. It was more a credit card verification to pay for it since he questions are on OptomCAS. Haven't heard back from them since, but it's only been 4 days. Make sure you get your high school transcripts sent there, they require them.

I only applied to one CA school (SCCO) but I got their supplemental app on Monday or so. It was more a credit card verification to pay for it since he questions are on OptomCAS. Haven't heard back from them since, but it's only been 4 days. Make sure you get your high school transcripts sent there, they require them.

Yeah I got that email and had everything submitted maybe 2-3 weeks ago now :S That's why I am starting to get a little nervous.