Question about casper and secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bavestry

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application was sent out to all of my schools on the 10th just right on time, but I was somehow unaware of casper even being a thing. Now, a lot of the secondaries I get are saying I can't submit them until I get my casper score in to the school. The soonest day to test is next week, and then it will be a few weeks before the schools get my results. Is this delay (about a month) of my secondaries being submitted going to be very detrimental to my chances at acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

No. I think you can search around the forums here, but most reputable people on here say that if you are complete by September 7, are "on time" and before that is still considered early. After that is considered to be getting kinda late.

My application was sent out to all of my schools on the 10th just right on time, but I was somehow unaware of casper even being a thing. Now, a lot of the secondaries I get are saying I can't submit them until I get my casper score in to the school. The soonest day to test is next week, and then it will be a few weeks before the schools get my results. Is this delay (about a month) of my secondaries being submitted going to be very detrimental to my chances at acceptance?
Do they really say that you cannot submit without it, or just that you won't be considered complete without it? I have a feeling it's the latter.

If they really wouldn't accept a secondary without a CASPer, why send it to you before you have submitted the CASPer? What happens if you submit the secondaries anyway?

Random guy here but- does anyone deal with the fact that they finished it a while back and all the schools say that they havent got it yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they really say that you cannot submit without it, or just that you won't be considered complete without it? I have a feeling it's the latter.

If they really wouldn't accept a secondary without a CASPer, why send it to you before you have submitted the CASPer? What happens if you submit the secondaries anyway?
My understanding is some schools may not be sending interview invitations without Casper score.

Last edited:
The secondaries I've gotten say that they will not be reviewed until they receive the casper results, and another one says that it will not be considered complete without the score. So I'm assuming they just won't let me send them. I just want to know how much this will hurt my chances, seeing that they won't review my application for another 3-4 weeks now. Am I in big trouble or is it nothing to worry about?

The secondaries I've gotten say that they will not be reviewed until they receive the casper results, and another one says that it will not be considered complete without the score. So I'm assuming they just won't let me send them. I just want to know how much this will hurt my chances, seeing that they won't review my application for another 3-4 weeks now. Am I in big trouble or is it nothing to worry about?
No, please just send your secondaries in when they are ready. They are NOT telling you not to send secondaries. They are merely reminding you (which is very lucky in your case, since you didn't know that they were a thing! :)) that you are not complete until you have submitted CASPer. No school will perform a review until you are complete, other than the exceptions some schools are making this year for MCAT scores due to the delays caused by the testing interruption from March-May.

You are not in big trouble. A lot of people won't have taken the CASPer yet, and you are going to be complete by the end of August. You would be absolutely fine in any year, especially so in this delayed cycle.

Random guy here but- does anyone deal with the fact that they finished it a while back and all the schools say that they havent got it yet?

"All test scores are processed and distributed to academic programs as a group. Your CASPer score will be made available to the programs on your distribution list approximately 3 weeks after taking your test.

You will not receive an email stating that your score has been delivered. However, your programs will be highlighted in green to indicate that the score has been delivered. If your programs are highlighted in grey, the distribution of your CASPer score is still pending.

It may take some extra time for individual programs to update the status of your CASPer score in their system. Please allow programs ample time to update their system."