I have a hypothetical question about the COBRA coverage. I've done some reading and found out that federal law allows 60 days to decided whether we want COBRA or not. Now lets say that it is day 50 after the termination of my policy (so I still have 10 days to decide) and I get really sick. I end up being hospitalized for a couple days and the bill is like $10,000. Can I still enroll in COBRA after the incident (but within the 60 day period of course) and be covered? Or will the insurer decline my coverage then because of the incident?? I would like to hear from someone who's been in a situation like this or knows of someone who did. Thanks in advance!