Question about contact lens cyl.

Started by moto_za
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moto_za

Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I wear softlens toric contacts. I was wondering if a -0.5 difference in the cyl. of the contacts can affect my eyes? Or will I not even notice? I was wearing contact lens toric trials for a month with a cyl. of -1.75 and now I see that the prescription says -2.25. Will this affect my vision,etc? thanks a lot!!
 
Hi guys,

I wear softlens toric contacts. I was wondering if a -0.5 difference in the cyl. of the contacts can affect my eyes? Or will I not even notice? I was wearing contact lens toric trials for a month with a cyl. of -1.75 and now I see that the prescription says -2.25. Will this affect my vision,etc? thanks a lot!!

Medical advice on SDN is sort of shunned (It says "Not for medical advice. For medical questions, please see your family doctor." at the bottom of the forum). So be careful with what people suggest here.

Your best bet is to see your optometrist! 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.