question about DAT math !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesolic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
for the math,
I am taking precalculus this semester, does it cover everything on DAT ?

I saw some problems and it really doesn't look like precalculus covers all..

which classes are the best for DAT math ?

Members don't see this ad.

for the quantitative reasoning section of the DAT you should probably take statistics, first and second quarter precalculus, and that's about it. You will likely see at least one question about probability so statistics really helps you out.

Good luck!

for the math,
I am taking precalculus this semester, does it cover everything on DAT ?

I saw some problems and it really doesn't look like precalculus covers all..

which classes are the best for DAT math ?

Precalc is probably the most useful class you can take prior to DAT. First of all it will cover all the trig you need to know an then some ( a topic that most people have to relearn for dat) In addition it will give you lots of practice sharpening you algebra skills (which should be top form for DAT) and basic math operations. The geometry stuff can be covered in about a day. The stat and prob problems I've come across have been pretty superficial so I wouldn't worry if you haven't taken stat. Then there are some questions going through destroyer and other math classes where I have no clue what class you were supposed to have taken that covers these miscellaneous, off the wall topics. You probably don't need to take any classes but if your'e taking precalc anyways it will help alot.

well, yeah mostly problem i have is probability and the stats... it is not really i just can take those classes because of the DAT test except precalculus.. well, so I just need to study for myself huh ?

i am good with the basic math stuff but i need to study little of the algebra, but no idea with stats and probability questions. how many stats and probability questions are usually up on the DAT ?