Question about Dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

m_ahmed300

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So i'm from Ireland and am considering doing my 5/6 year dentistry degree here or in eastern europe but ultimately I want to live and settle in the USA preferably the west coast due to family circumstances.

All I really want to know is whether this is possible - to get the degree in Europe and then come to the USA and begin work here. What major complications if any might i run into
 
Well you will have to back to dental school here for 2 years and take the boards here. We actually have an international board on here as well.
 
It is possible, however as far as I know, you would need to take NBDE part 1 and 2 when you get here and apply for schools. If admitted you will start as D3. so basically this is like 2-3 years extra to your 5-6 program in Europe. If your goal is to be here in future, its easier if you apply now as international student. This might saves you couple of years. I don't know about cost difference though. I might be wrong but this is what I know.