antidote

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2004
Status
Hi everyone,
I would like to know your opinion on my question:

is dentistry a field where if you work hard, you will be good at it?

because there are some fields, I think, particularly in the sciences, where you can't really be as good no matter how hard you try, unless you're primed as a kid.

thanks.

12YearOldKid

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2004
Status
Dentist
Huh??? Dental school is 40 hours/week of unrelenting science.

And what are you talking about, anyway? I got almost straight A's in my science classes and I promise it wasn't because my mother read organic chemistry to me at bedtime.

rocknightmare

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2004
Status
Dental Student
12YearOldKid said:
Huh??? Dental school is 40 hours/week of unrelenting science.

And what are you talking about, anyway? I got almost straight A's in my science classes and I promise it wasn't because my mother read organic chemistry to me at bedtime.

what he said.

science is not a talent-- you just have to work hard at it to learn. more input= more output

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
antidote said:
Hi everyone,
I would like to know your opinion on my question:

is dentistry a field where if you work hard, you will be good at it?
I believe so, absolutely.

Your post doesn't say you are referring to dental school, but to dentistry. I think you can really perfect your skills the more you practice them.

OP
A

antidote

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2004
Status
by sciences I meant physics. ie. quantum mechanics, analytical mechanics, quantum electrodynamics, etc etc. ...sorry, forgot that bio's a science :D don't get me wrong, it is, but I just wasn't thinking about bio/chem when I initiallu posted the message...silly me