question about dilator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HiddenTruth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, after having completely normal vision for my entire 21 years of life (or so i thought), I went from no glasses/contact to like 4+. They said I was over-accomodating because of increased and sustained near vision requirements. Anyways, my question is this:

1. They put a dilator, and immediately after that everything was blurry. I had been having symptoms of blurry vision for about 2-3 months after sustained reading (onset at night), but i was managing it. So, they told me the dilator effects would be gone in 4-5 hours. Well, it's about 12 hours later, and my eyes are hella dilated. Not only that, but the contacts they gave me--if i don't have them on, i have the same blurry feeling i had in the office. I mean I can't read ANYTHING without them (how, such a quick adaption--or is it still the dilator effect?).

2. When I have the contacts in, I can read ok, but i've got this constant blurred "screen", so to say (like, if there is water in your eyes, or if u cry, and u have this blurred watery vision). I have to go back to them next wk, but this is kinda' irritating, not to mention, how long it took to put the contacts in. Do you guys think that this is a dilator effect, or this is something i'll have to get used to? She also told me that my prescript. is actually a bit stronger, but doesn't wanna start me off, since i had never been on glasses.

I'd appreciate any responses. Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.