Question about DO Shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocInProgress

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where can I get them?
I already e-mailed this one person from do.org or something and he hasn't responded since a month. Anyone else know where I can get direct information as to how I can shadow a DO. It would be really appreciative as some schools require DO shadowing. THANKS SO MUCH SDN PPL!

Members don't see this ad.

i found both of mine in the yeller pages. there aren't many DO's round these parts, so i only had to call 10. 4 were so old, they didn't know what shadowing was and so didn't offer anything. 2 were obgyn's and shadowing isn't feasible. 4 were FP/IM/other primary care. i got confirmation from two. the other two never called back. so just look in the yellow pages and make blind calls if going through the "proper channels" doesn't work for you. good luck.

Where can I get them?
I already e-mailed this one person from do.org or something and he hasn't responded since a month. Anyone else know where I can get direct information as to how I can shadow a DO. It would be really appreciative as some schools require DO shadowing. THANKS SO MUCH SDN PPL!

Where can I get them?

try this:
http://www.osteopathic.org/YOM/Mentor_fame.htm

The DOs on here volunteer to take students. I found many DOs who responded to my emails.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called my state osteopathic association and asked for doctors that have let students shadow them in the past.

I'm glad you asked, I was wondering too.

i found my DO by looking through the faculty lists at the local hospitals near me. i then emailed the ones i was interested in - keep it short and sweet (these are busy people).

in my experience, i found that DOs in more academic settings tend to be more understanding of your need to shadow since they deal with students more often. good luck.