Question about Equine embryo flushes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clawsbeatskin

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm shadowing my first equine vet, and saw my first embryo flush a couple of days ago. The vet kept referring to "tiny green fern fronds" that washed out with the flush solution after the procedure...she said she often sees them from different mares and doesn't know what they are. So I was charged with finding the answer. 😕

Can anyone point me in the right direction...my letter of recommendation may be hinging on this!!!
 
I thought, hey, I bet VIN has it... but I did do a 7 year search on "embryo flush" and tried adding "green" to whittle down the results.. but as soon as I add in "green", I get nothing.

Sorry! I guess an LA person may know...
 
yikes! i've never heard them termed "tiny green fern fronds," and i may not even be thinking of the same thing, but the light colored leafy pieces in flush i always thought were endometrial pieces. whether it be from infection or just turnover of the lining, i don't know. am i even close?