Question about ERAS -prelim year with intention to go into EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tarsuc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I select prelim surg/medicine or transitional year programs, they ask what my PGY-2 Specialty interest(s) is.

Would it work against my chances to match, if I were to type in EM here as my pgy2 interest?

Wouldnt prelim and transitional year programs prefer someone going into medical/surgical or rads/anesthesia respectively?

Members don't see this ad.

When I select prelim surg/medicine or transitional year programs, they ask what my PGY-2 Specialty interest(s) is.

Would it work against my chances to match, if I were to type in EM here as my pgy2 interest?

Wouldnt prelim and transitional year programs prefer someone going into medical/surgical or rads/anesthesia respectively?
I'm confused, why are you applying for a prelim year instead of EM? Or are you applying for EM as well, and applying to prelim years as a backup because you believe you have low chances to directly match?

I'm confused, why are you applying for a prelim year instead of EM? Or are you applying for EM as well, and applying to prelim years as a backup because you believe you have low chances to directly match?

IMG with zero rotations in EM, trying to get rotations through prelim/transitional years.

Reactions: 1 user