Question about filling out application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdog3682

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1)

For a GPA of 3.6 - should this be regarded as AB (3.5) or A- (3.7)?

Likewise, GPA of 3.9 = A- or A?

A vs A+ (Both = 4.0) - Is there a difference?

2)

If I plan on hitting the priority April 1st deadline, does this mean I will need to have taken the MCAT by then? Would taking the MCAT in June affect the speed at which my application is reviewed?

Thank you very much for your help.
-Kevin

Members don't see this ad.

1)

For a GPA of 3.6 - should this be regarded as AB (3.5) or A- (3.7)?

Likewise, GPA of 3.9 = A- or A?

A vs A+ (Both = 4.0) - Is there a difference?

2)

If I plan on hitting the priority April 1st deadline, does this mean I will need to have taken the MCAT by then? Would taking the MCAT in June affect the speed at which my application is reviewed?

Thank you very much for your help.
-Kevin

I only know the definite answer to one of your questions. A and A+ are regarded the same on your application, both are 4.0s. Schools can see your A+ when they see your application, but it won't make any difference in the outcome.

I only know the definite answer to one of your questions. A and A+ are regarded the same on your application, both are 4.0s. Schools can see your A+ when they see your application, but it won't make any difference in the outcome.

Ok that makes sense. Does anyone know anything about the other q's?

Thanks
Kevin

Wait... Are you applying for a seat in the Fall 2013 matriculation? Why on earth would you wait until June to take your MCAT??

To answer your question, technically waiting this long to take your MCAT will not affect the speed of your review, but they can't grant a decision until they have it.

Also, AZPOD, BUSPM, CSPM, DMU, SCPM will NOT accept a June MCAT date....