Step I question about FRED interface

Started by gunnison
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gunnison

MS3
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the "highlight feature" on the USMLE the "click on a word and highlight" like Kaplan Qbank or is it the "drag and highlight" like UW?
 
Bump. I was wondering about this too and whether it even has the hightlight feature at all.

On the NBME practices there's no highlighting as far as I could tell.

Edit: Oh man, didn't realize I was bumping a year-old thread 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ya'll scroll down the threads in this forum ... find "highlighting" 😉

use the sample material software provided at the usmle.org website http://www.usmle.org/Orientation/2008/menu.html
its works exactly like the real test (except the break between the blocks is not in the sample tests)

I downloaded the Step 1 sample software..... so that interface is the exact same interface as the real Step 1 interface?
 
yup, make sure you do the tutorial, and take note of the screen between the blocks "open block or take a break in 30sec else you get *irregular behavior warning*" (which is not simulated in the sample software, only shown the image in the tutorial)...i tell ya' it wasnt a fun experience to get a screen of ***WARNING IRREGULAR BEHAVIOR*** during the exam... it screwed my mind for the next 2 blocks 😛