Question about GPA.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catalysts

Buccal Up
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Make sure you ace everything from now on and score well on the Mcat...

Yeah I agree with the above post. I was in your situation too...I had a 2.5 gpa after my freshman year but brought it up to a 3.5 by the time I graduated. I obviously applied the summer after I graduated in order to include my senior grades which pulled my gpa from around 3.3 to 3.5 my senior year. This will probably be the only option for you since you are ending your sophomore year because there is no way you will be going from a 2.7 to a 3.4 in one year. So plan on applying after your senior year which will force you to take a year off after graduation. If your gpa is still not where it needs to be, a postbac may be needed. Taking a year off can be great because not only do you get to rejuvenate before med school, but you also get to add another full year of extracurriculars, community service, research, and leadership positions during your senior year. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the above posts. Figure out what your mistakes were and try not to repeat them. Shoot for straight A's from now on. Take the "W" over the a "C" if this comes up in the future. Take less classes, not more per semester. Strategize (i.e. get help!) to ensure solid grades from now on. Good luck!