question about grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachmoninov3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so I'm not grade savy so I'm hoping someone that is could help.
First undergrad degree is less than 3.0, second undergrad was a 3.5 until last semester. I did research for two semesters, never got any relavent data due to broken equipment, impure samples, etc etc etc. I took an incomplete. A semester later, it turns up as an F on my transcript! kahbooom! GPA collapse. Other than that, like I said, I have aprox 3.5.

The prof and I are still on speaking terms, so I know I can finish the research next semester and hopefully have a chance at getting the F off my transcript, if that is at all possible.

so what do I have to do to get that F off my record, and does AMCAS count the F if there is an incomplete by the course(note...as a right now my AMCAS account just has the I by the course because I used my inputs from last year...should I chance this?)

Members don't see this ad.

The best thing to do would be to make arrangements with the professor to finish the research and have the F removed. AMCAS requires current, up-to-date transcripts to verify your grades (even if you haven’t taken additional classes since the last cycle), so if the F is still there, it will be in your application and the schools will see it. Even with the incomplete, the F still gets recorded in your GPA, unfortunately.