Question about GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mj413121

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to take the GRE at the end of July so that I would receive my scores by the end of August. If I do this, can I only send in my application at the end of August once I get my scores back? I assume it would be different for every school but correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You mean for the next cycle? I think the app only opens July 1st. So if you have the scores by August, you should be fine. This cycle is pretty much over. I'm assuming that you're using PTCAS.

It would be for the next cycle. So can I submit an application without my scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
It would be for the next cycle. So can I submit an application without my scores?
Yes, you can. Your file with your schools would just not be complete until those scores come in.

Reactions: 1 users

Like you said, it is okay submitting application without GRE scores and adding it later when I take GRE and receives the score, Wouldn't it jeopardize my chance to get admitted?

For non-PTCAS schools, you can talk to the admissions counselor and ask if it's okay to submit all other paperwork first and the GRE verbal and quantitative scores if you're trying to meed early decisions. I did that with TWU and they let me submit my app and they received the scores later.

Reactions: 1 user
If it helps at all, there's a list on PTCAS of the things you need to submit your application, and things that can come in a little bit later (like GRE scores and letters of rec).

Reactions: 1 user