Question about GRE

Started by mj413121
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mj413121

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking to take the GRE at the end of July so that I would receive my scores by the end of August. If I do this, can I only send in my application at the end of August once I get my scores back? I assume it would be different for every school but correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
 
You mean for the next cycle? I think the app only opens July 1st. So if you have the scores by August, you should be fine. This cycle is pretty much over. I'm assuming that you're using PTCAS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For non-PTCAS schools, you can talk to the admissions counselor and ask if it's okay to submit all other paperwork first and the GRE verbal and quantitative scores if you're trying to meed early decisions. I did that with TWU and they let me submit my app and they received the scores later.
 
If it helps at all, there's a list on PTCAS of the things you need to submit your application, and things that can come in a little bit later (like GRE scores and letters of rec).