Question about holding two spots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingtp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got off the waitlist at a school I am considering. i already had one acceptance, but I truly cannot decide what I want to do. I have until tomorrow to submit my deposit for the second school.

My question is...if I submit my deposit for a second school to give myself more time for this decision, when would either school find out I am holding two seats if at all?

Members don't see this ad.

I got off the waitlist at a school I am considering. i already had one acceptance, but I truly cannot decide what I want to do. I have until tomorrow to submit my deposit for the second school.

My question is...if I submit my deposit for a second school to give myself more time for this decision, when would either school find out I am holding two seats if at all?
I don't think the ADEA guidelines address this issue, to the extent of my knowledge...
try the coin flip method, or try to post here and get advice from people who know both schools...

Your first school will get notification that you paid two deposits. Then you have 15 days to decide where you wanna go.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Your first school will get notification that you paid two deposits. Then you have 15 days to decide where you wanna go.
Is that actually true? I paid 2 deposits in December and didn't make a final decision until April (super lame for people who were waitlisted at either school, I know, but I had a lot going on). Neither school said anything and as soon as I made my decision, I notified one school that I was withdrawing my acceptance and moved forward with the other.

Is that actually true? I paid 2 deposits in December and didn't make a final decision until April (super lame for people who were waitlisted at either school, I know, but I had a lot going on). Neither school said anything and as soon as I made my decision, I notified one school that I was withdrawing my acceptance and moved forward with the other.

Sorry if I didnt make it clear. What I said is about holding seats at two schools after April. School will know it right away. Source: my own situation. lol

Reactions: 2 users