Quantcast

question about ICO

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Subiedubie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I just contacted ICO today to check up on my application. They told me that they recieved my new OAT retake score and to expect a "letter" in the mail in a couple of days.
My question is...why would they send me a letter unless it is a letter of rejection. I was under the impression that most schools email you to set up a date for an interview. For those who have interviewed at ICO...did they send you a letter that says that you have an interview with them? How did they contact you? I'm a little worried that the "letter" in the mail may be a letter of rejection. Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks.

ariel winter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think most schools notify interview invites via regular mail.

Subiedubie said:
I just contacted ICO today to check up on my application. They told me that they recieved my new OAT retake score and to expect a "letter" in the mail in a couple of days.
My question is...why would they send me a letter unless it is a letter of rejection. I was under the impression that most schools email you to set up a date for an interview. For those who have interviewed at ICO...did they send you a letter that says that you have an interview with them? How did they contact you? I'm a little worried that the "letter" in the mail may be a letter of rejection. Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks.

CDN_twin

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Subiedubie said:

Hi, My letter of acceptance from ICO was regular snail mail. No e-mail or phone call. However, their interview invite was by e-mail.

Subiedubie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
CDN_twin said:
Hi, My letter of acceptance from ICO was regular snail mail. No e-mail or phone call. However, their interview invite was by e-mail.
This is what worries me. If they wanted to invite me to an interview then they most likely would have notified me by email. Has anyone ever recieved an interview invite from ICO by regular mail. I'm scared. :scared:

darling

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Subiedubie said:
This is what worries me. If they wanted to invite me to an interview then they most likely would have notified me by email. Has anyone ever recieved an interview invite from ICO by regular mail. I'm scared. :scared:

I think they send invite by email if you provide them with an email adress on the application and indicate that it's your preferred method of communication. Default is probably regular mail.

Subiedubie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'm just going to have to wait for that mail, so there's no sense of stressing myself out. If they reject me than so be it.

Rebecca1234

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
ICO told me that they will either contact by email or regular mail. From my impression, I don't think it really makes a difference. Don't worry, it could either be an interview OR whatever else.