YellowCakeMD
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi SDN,
I come from a smaller state school, definitely not the ones people on here are discussing as cardiac powerhouses. I know that coming from a smaller state MD school puts me at a bit of a disadvantage when applying, but truly how much does that play into residency decision making. I feel like my application is decent but everyone applying this pathway also probably has a decent application for I6. Is this a pathway that is realistic for me? I plan on applying to general surgery and I6, but obviously would prefer to go I6 if possible.
step 1 - pass
step 2 - upper 27x
research - 4+ first author with many in the submission process that will be submitted by the time ERAS occurs.
volunteering - normal amount, was a peer tutor at my school
clerkship grades - all honors
LOR - i think will be good.
I thank you all for reading this. I dont have a lot of resources at my school and we dont have a large department. Everywhere online and in some forums i read seems like its impossible to match.
I come from a smaller state school, definitely not the ones people on here are discussing as cardiac powerhouses. I know that coming from a smaller state MD school puts me at a bit of a disadvantage when applying, but truly how much does that play into residency decision making. I feel like my application is decent but everyone applying this pathway also probably has a decent application for I6. Is this a pathway that is realistic for me? I plan on applying to general surgery and I6, but obviously would prefer to go I6 if possible.
step 1 - pass
step 2 - upper 27x
research - 4+ first author with many in the submission process that will be submitted by the time ERAS occurs.
volunteering - normal amount, was a peer tutor at my school
clerkship grades - all honors
LOR - i think will be good.
I thank you all for reading this. I dont have a lot of resources at my school and we dont have a large department. Everywhere online and in some forums i read seems like its impossible to match.