-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Question about Interviews?
Started by GoCats327
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Some of mine were a month while others were only about a week. I found most schools to be quite flexible if one needs to reschedule. Good luck!
It does vary depending on the date they receive your application. A school may suddenly realize that it needs to fill some spots late due to people declining spots making the invite short notice. I usually got a 2-3 week notice before my interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most schools already have predesignated dates (usually around 3) that they do interviews. After the deadline they normally review the applicants (if it is not a rolling admission school) and determine who they want to interview 1st. once those seats are filled to interview they look to see who they want to interview in the second round and etc.
Normally you will get a notice of varying from about 2 months in advance to < 1 week notice!!
I received my invites from
1. school A in February to interview in March recieved acceptance in April (mistakenly turned down. poor judgement on my behalf... long story)
2. school B in December to interview in February recieved rejection in May
Normally you will get a notice of varying from about 2 months in advance to < 1 week notice!!

I received my invites from
1. school A in February to interview in March recieved acceptance in April (mistakenly turned down. poor judgement on my behalf... long story)
2. school B in December to interview in February recieved rejection in May
Schools usually give you a few invite dates to choose from, but they can range from a week to a month. If you do get a invite, you should pick the earliest one (but give yourself sufficient time to prepare).
Thanks for everybody's useful information! When you say that I should give myself time to prepare, how exactly do you mean? Forgive me for being such a newb at this 😳
In the last application cycle, I had barely a week to prepare for my very first interview. It turned out that I supposed to receive the invitation via email two weeks earlier. They messed up with my email address, so they decided to finally contact me by phone at 6 am two weeks later. Thank goodness I got myself a suit beforehand or otherwise I would have gone crazy looking for one.
Thanks for everybody's useful information! When you say that I should give myself time to prepare, how exactly do you mean? Forgive me for being such a newb at this 😳
Prepare as in:
1. arrange transportation
2. get a nice suit
3. haircut
4. mock interviews
5. research your school
6. research some more
7. do more mock interviews.
8. whatever else you have to do to nail that interview.
This will be my first time applying to pharmacy school. I was just wondering, when you get invitations for interviews, usually how much notice do they give? I ask because some of the schools I am applying to are a 6-8 hour drive from my home. Thanks.
Invitations generally come 2-6 weeks in advance. You should have sufficient time for preparations. (Assuming you don't procrastinate.)
Also, don't overdo the prep for interviews. Relax, stay calm and most importantly, stay focused. Try not to give answers/responses that sound too rehearsed.
Are you required to get a suit i don't have a suit I do have dress pants and dress shirt and tie. Also what kind of shoes? Would sperry work lol I don't have dress shoes.
The majority of people wear a suit, but I always saw one or two people out of 30 who just wore dress pants, dress shirt, and tie (if male). Though I did see one girl wear a jersey knit dress, which is just way too casual for an interview. From what I could find on google looks like sperry shoes are boat shoes. IMO those are too casual and you should invest in some nicer shoes. Dress the part!
Are you required to get a suit i don't have a suit I do have dress pants and dress shirt and tie. Also what kind of shoes? Would sperry work lol I don't have dress shoes.
I'd wear a suit if you want to be taken seriously- it's an interview for professional school after all. Even if its a used suit from Goodwill or an inexpensive one from Target. Same thing for sperrys...only use dress shoes.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=488954&highlight=attire
First impressions and the halo effect can go a long way...
First impressions and the halo effect can go a long way...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received my interview invite at UT Austin only a week in advance.
i don't know if you're around that area or not. assuming that you are not, how would someone have the time to book an airplane ticket and hotel there???
i don't know if you're around that area or not. assuming that you are not, how would someone have the time to book an airplane ticket and hotel there???
That's why I had to fork out ~$500 for my plane ticket round-trip from Cali to Missouri that I booked in a week before the interview. And maybe another ~$200 for hotel, car rental, gas, food, and miscellaneous stuff. It's either that or decline the interview invite. I was thankful that the interview was during my spring break.
geez, thats ~$700 per out of state interview 🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K