Question about interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoops123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
today i got an email from two of the schools i applied to saying they received my application. Do they email me if they want to invite me for an interview? and the wait is killing me can someone tell me how long it took for the schools to invite them for an interview after they received their application?

Members don't see this ad.

today i got an email from two of the schools i applied to saying they received my application. Do they email me if they want to invite me for an interview? and the wait is killing me can someone tell me how long it took for the schools to invite them for an interview after they received their application?

DUUDEEE! ME TOO! I WAKE up see emails from the schools and I freak out, but then its just asking us to look at their websitre or clinic. i think the interview emails are much more explicit.

jkain08 got interviews 11 days after he/she got their app mailed out!

I would not worry too much - it seems that some schools take longer than others. I applied to 5 total, and submitted mid-July. So far, I have been asked to interview from 2 of them, told my application is being processed by 2, and not heard a word from the other one. Out of curiosity, where did you apply who has not told you yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would not worry too much - it seems that some schools take longer than others. I applied to 5 total, and submitted mid-July. So far, I have been asked to interview from 2 of them, told my application is being processed by 2, and not heard a word from the other one. Out of curiosity, where did you apply who has not told you yet?

when was ur app processed/mailed out? mine just got mailed out friday.

does anyone know when IAUPR interviews?

when was ur app processed/mailed out? mine just got mailed out friday.

does anyone know when IAUPR interviews?

Optomcas mailed my application mid- to late July. I know some of the schools though just waited until August to start even sorting through apps, so I think they are all a bit backed up right now.

so far from all the schools i applied to i've heard from NOVA, PCO AND Ferris state uni letting me know that they have received my application. I ended up applying to a total of 9 schools because my gpa is borderline 3.0 so i thought if i apply to more schools at least i'll get in somewhere. besides the one's i mentioned above i also applied to.

NECO
ICO
SCO
UIWSCO
Western uni
The Ohio State University College of Optometry

so far from all the schools i applied to i've heard from NOVA, PCO AND Ferris state uni letting me know that they have received my application. I ended up applying to a total of 9 schools because my gpa is borderline 3.0 so i thought if i apply to more schools at least i'll get in somewhere. besides the one's i mentioned above i also applied to.

NECO
ICO
SCO
UIWSCO
Western uni
The Ohio State University College of Optometry

When did you hear back from Western U? I mean, how long after they "processed your application" did you have to wait?

If you get an interview, it will be an explicit email. Most schools call you on the phone to invite you and schedule. How long it takes to get invited depends on how competitive an applicant you are.

When did you hear back from Western U? I mean, how long after they "processed your application" did you have to wait?

I haven't heard from western yet. the only one's that emailed me to let me know they have received my application were NOVA, PCO and ferris state uni. I'm still waiting to hear form the rest.

I'm just so scared of not getting in anywhere this cycle! I was trying to get my application done as soon as possible because my gpa is low. I got all my references together and everything else then i submitted my application on july 28th, but it wasn't until august 19th when they actually mailed it out.

Last edited:
I haven't heard from western yet. the only one's that emailed me to let me know they have received my application were NOVA, PCO and ferris state uni. I'm still waiting to hear form the rest.

I'm just so scared of not getting in anywhere this cycle! I was trying to get my application done as soon as possible because my gpa is low. I got all my references together and everything else then i submitted my application on july 28th, but it wasn't until august 19th when they actually mailed it out.

hey! me too hahaha i sub'd jul 26 and it got sent out aug 19th!