Question about Invasive/Catheterization hiring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Entol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important is Level 2 training Echocardiography and Nuclear in hiring an invasive cardiologist (because some do a few days a week of non-invasive time)?

How important are peripheral training, carotid training, vascular ultrasound in getting a job? Is there some demand for these?

Members don't see this ad.

Nuclear training - my thinking would be not that important at most places. Part of this may depend on what part of the country you are in...many places are contracting out nuclear reading to the radiology/nuc med guys anyway.
I think they can let you read echo anyway even if you are not Level 2, but I may be wrong...

You need Level 2 in Echo to be able to bill for reading. Also, many private practice cardiologist own their own nuclear machine and run an echo/stress lab alongside their office practice. This is the group I'm referring to: Will they want Level 2 echo/nuclear?

And are peripheral training, carotid training, vascular ultrasound impt in getting a job?