Question about Letter of Acceptance

Started by Hines302
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hines302

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been accepted to Optometry School at Ferris State (MCO). In the letter I received they said I had to confirm my acceptance in an... "unconditional written acceptance". What does this mean? They did not ask for a deposit like most schools. Does this hold me to a legal obligation to attend their school. I am still waiting to here from a couple other schools.. like Ohio State... which is my first choice.

I want to accept the Ferris offer... however I want to be able to pull out if I get accepted to Ohio State. How should I write this letter? By doing so am I under legal obligation to attend? Thanks!
 
Hines302 said:
I have been accepted to Optometry School at Ferris State (MCO). In the letter I received they said I had to confirm my acceptance in an... "unconditional written acceptance". What does this mean? They did not ask for a deposit like most schools. Does this hold me to a legal obligation to attend their school. I am still waiting to here from a couple other schools.. like Ohio State... which is my first choice.

I want to accept the Ferris offer... however I want to be able to pull out if I get accepted to Ohio State. How should I write this letter? By doing so am I under legal obligation to attend? Thanks!

Why don't you ask the school? Or maybe a lawyer! Congratulations!
 
I agree, the people to give you the best answer for that is Ferris State. Congrats. Most admissions offices are great to answer your questions.