Question about letters of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sabrina85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was going to ask my physics professor to write me one, but she's a grad student. Would this count as a letter of rec from a science professor?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm a lot closer to some of my teachers that were grad students than to other professors. Also, i'm sure this has been asked before, but is there any limit to the number of letters we can have?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm a lot closer to some of my teachers that were grad students than to other professors. Also, i'm sure this has been asked before, but is there any limit to the number of letters we can have?

Limit=four. If you have a committee letter, that counts as three.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is highly recommended that you use a tenured professor that you took a lecture course from.

I heard that for some pharamcy schools, they don't allow LORs from TAs, but I'm not sure about d-schools. I've had people tell me that it can work if you get the TA to have the professor co-sign it though. I've never tried, but you can always call the schools and check on their requirements? :cool:

Check with the school at issue to be sure, but some schools do not take a TA LOR as a science prof. Character reference, sure. Usually people are stressed about three LORs from science professors. As mentioned, a committee letter usually counts for all three science LORs.