sabrina85

10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
So I was going to ask my physics professor to write me one, but she's a grad student. Would this count as a letter of rec from a science professor?

nazeeuh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I was wondering the same thing. I'm a lot closer to some of my teachers that were grad students than to other professors. Also, i'm sure this has been asked before, but is there any limit to the number of letters we can have?

fancymylotus

A Whole New World
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2004
I was wondering the same thing. I'm a lot closer to some of my teachers that were grad students than to other professors. Also, i'm sure this has been asked before, but is there any limit to the number of letters we can have?

Limit=four. If you have a committee letter, that counts as three.

About the Ads

EnviroDentist

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
It is highly recommended that you use a tenured professor that you took a lecture course from.

JeanetteYu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 4, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I heard that for some pharamcy schools, they don't allow LORs from TAs, but I'm not sure about d-schools. I've had people tell me that it can work if you get the TA to have the professor co-sign it though. I've never tried, but you can always call the schools and check on their requirements? :cool:

reapply2007

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Check with the school at issue to be sure, but some schools do not take a TA LOR as a science prof. Character reference, sure. Usually people are stressed about three LORs from science professors. As mentioned, a committee letter usually counts for all three science LORs.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.