Question About Listing Future DAT Retake on AADSAS app???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Physics Guy1421

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'm a reapplicant and have taken the DAT once. My scores are:

PAT 21
BIO 19
GC 18
OC 21
RC 17
QR 18
TS 19
AA 19

I am considering retaking the DAT towards the end of August, but am still unsure. I plan on submitting my AADSAS application this week, but have read that D-schools will not begin to review your application until everything is received.

So in my case if I do list it, will they not consider my app complete until they receive the newest DAT scores? Could I not list the future DAT so they begin reviewing sooner than August, then take the DAT in August and just resend my newer scores?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just use your current DAT scores and don't worry about telling them you might be retaking it. That way your application won't be viewed differently. Your scores are not bad at all...I think you should see what kind of bites you get with those scores. If your GPA is real low then I would definately plan on retaking, but I wouldn't say on my AADSAS app. If you decided to retake then at that point you would send them the scores.

Just use your current DAT scores and don't worry about telling them you might be retaking it. That way your application won't be viewed differently. Your scores are not bad at all...I think you should see what kind of bites you get with those scores. If your GPA is real low then I would definately plan on retaking, but I wouldn't say on my AADSAS app. If you decided to retake then at that point you would send them the scores.

Hey thanks for the reply. So you don't think it would be frowned upon if I didn't list the POSSIBLE future date?

My GPA is a 3.3, with a BS in math/physics. It is on the lower side and is why I'm considering a retake. What do you think, retake or no?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey thanks for the reply. So you don't think it would be frowned upon if I didn't list them?

My GPA is a 3.3, with a BS in math/physics. It is on the lower side and is why I'm considering a retake. What do you think, retake or no?

This is something that's prob a decision you need to make on your own. I know most schools are still filling their 2008 spots until late august. I also know some schools start sending out interview invites relatively early which could impair your standing. I'm in the same boat as you, but I'd probably go with the whole honesty is the best policy. submit early and be honest. if that hurts you then I don't know what kind of students these schools are looking for. gluck!

Alright, I'm a reapplicant and have taken the DAT once. My scores are:

PAT 21
BIO 19
GC 18
OC 21
RC 17
QR 18
TS 19
AA 19

I am considering retaking the DAT towards the end of August, but am still unsure. I plan on submitting my AADSAS application this week, but have read that D-schools will not begin to review your application until everything is received.

So in my case if I do list it, will they not consider my app complete until they receive the newest DAT scores? Could I not list the future DAT so they begin reviewing sooner than August, then take the DAT in August and just submit my resend my newer scores?

Thanks in advance!

You're so close though. I think your chance would've been pretty solid with a 20/21.

With a 19, I think it's more of a borderline score.

You're correct in that they will not consider your app. complete until your new DAT score is in. So what you are planning to do is a good approach, imo.

You're so close though. I think your chance would've been pretty solid with a 20/21.

With a 19, I think it's more of a borderline score.

You're correct in that they will not consider your app. complete until your new DAT score is in. So what you are planning to do is a good approach, imo.

Hey Jigabodo,

Its good to hear from you; not sure if you remember me but you really helped me out alot this past cycle, through various PM's. Congrats on Louisville!

So you think not mentioning the future DAT is a good approach? Or retaking the DAT? Or both?

Thanks!