Question about Loans

Started by ericado
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ericado

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a maximum amount of federal loans that you can borrow?

I plan on using some loans to get my MPH. I plan on attending med school afterward. Do I have to pay off my MPH loans before I can borrow more federal loans for medical school? What is the maximum amount that you can borrow?

What is the difference between subsidized and unsubsidized loans? I didn't take up loans during undergrad, so I am trying to figure how this works.

Thanks
 
The maximum amount you can borrow in federal Stafford loans is $189,125.

There is no interest accruing on subsidized loans while you are in school.