Question about LOE in application process.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eminent1217

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I need to add every person who is going to write me recommendation before I submit? Or can I add it later. Because, I want to get one letter from my english professor but I cannot contact with him since he is on vacation. I have got help from 2other professors and 1 supervisor from the lab that I have worked. All of my other stuffs are done, ready to submit. Do I need to wait until I get something from my english prof or I can just submit it? What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

You can submit without that professors letter. Your application is not held up for missing LOE's. Submit your application and submit the letters when you get them.

if your school requires a non-science letter, then your app. will not be complete until you submit the letter. But for AADSAS, you can submit it now and update it later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't AADSAS want to know who the letters are coming from when you submit. Or can you update this after you submit? Lets say i dont know who I am going to have do my LOR's yet, but I have everything else finished. Can I submit, then update who my LOR's are later?

Doesn't AADSAS want to know who the letters are coming from when you submit. Or can you update this after you submit? Lets say i dont know who I am going to have do my LOR's yet, but I have everything else finished. Can I submit, then update who my LOR's are later?

this guy has same question as I am. I am not sure about I should get help from english prof or from others. Can I just leave blank for one last spot of my LOE and update later after I submit the application?