• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

question about LOR

Neuro27

10+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2006
    Comittee letter or compilation letter is when a person (e.g. advisor) reads/hears recommendations from various people and writes one letter?

If your schools collects rec letter from different individuals and send them out as one packet, is that compilation? or just individuals?

ADeadLois

10+ Year Member
    Dec 18, 2005
    1. Medical Student
      Neuro27 said:
      Comittee letter or compilation letter is when a person (e.g. advisor) reads/hears recommendations from various people and writes one letter?

If your schools collects rec letter from different individuals and send them out as one packet, is that compilation? or just individuals?

There are two major classifications: a committee letter and individual letters

Some undergrad schools have services that compile individual letters into a single packet, but in this case the compilation is not the same as a committee letter.

Neuro27

10+ Year Member
      Mar 22, 2006
        ADeadLois said:
        Some undergrad schools have services that compile individual letters into a single packet, but in this case the compilation is not the same as a committee letter.
        My school does this and I was going to list my LOR as compilation but someone told me that they are still separate individual letters and compilation is more close to committee letter than individual letters. I'm not sure what to do...

ADeadLois

10+ Year Member
        Dec 18, 2005
        1. Medical Student
          Neuro27 said:
          My school does this and I was going to list my LOR as compilation but someone told me that they are still separate individual letters and compilation is more close to committee letter than individual letters. I'm not sure what to do...

A compilation is literally someone taking your individual letters and putting them in the same envelope. It is not the same as a committee letter.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.