Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

question about LOR

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Neuro27, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Neuro27

Neuro27 Member

Comittee letter or compilation letter is when a person (e.g. advisor) reads/hears recommendations from various people and writes one letter?

If your schools collects rec letter from different individuals and send them out as one packet, is that compilation? or just individuals?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member

Medical Student
    There are two major classifications: a committee letter and individual letters

Some undergrad schools have services that compile individual letters into a single packet, but in this case the compilation is not the same as a committee letter.

4. Neuro27

Neuro27 Member

My school does this and I was going to list my LOR as compilation but someone told me that they are still separate individual letters and compilation is more close to committee letter than individual letters. I'm not sure what to do...

5. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member

Medical Student
    A compilation is literally someone taking your individual letters and putting them in the same envelope. It is not the same as a committee letter.