question about LORs and dates

Started by Sn00pygrrl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sn00pygrrl

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I probably already know the answer to this, but thought I would check in. 🙂

I have been taking post-bac classes part-time over the last 2 years and am almost done (!) I asked for and received LORs from 2 professors directly following the classes I took with them (I thought they'd remember me best that way). I made sure they each knew that I wasn't planning to apply until the 2022-23 application cycle, and they both uploaded the LORs to Interfolio, where they've been sitting for a while.

I'm assuming they dated the letters (I'm not sure since I waived my access to them). The first would have been dated Sept 2020 and the second would have been dated Feb 2021.

Question--should I reach out in advance of the application cycle to see if these 2 professors are willing to update the date on the letters to 2022? I've heard different things from different people--ranging from "it doesn't matter because AdComs can see when you took the class" to "the letters should have a date that matches the application year." What's the consensus here?

I'm fine with reaching out if I need to, but I don't want to bother busy professors with more paperwork if I don't have to. Plus, I'm not sure it would even be that easy for them to do this on Interfolio, or if they'd have to just upload a brand new letter.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!!😊:hardy: