question about mams and georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjoe00

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, b4 y'aal say not agin.. this is not a which is better question, okay this is my situation, i am thinking about applying to MAMS and GEORGETOWN but like so many i have some gpa issues, less than 3.00 on the higher side of 2 but n e ways, it seem sthese programs are supercompetitive and if i aplpy i would be doing so sorta late since so many have gotten accpetances and classes are filling up, (takng gre at the end of april)question is there any point of applying with a supbar gpa or should i just apply somewhere else post bacc or some other program tat is noy so cutthroat. honest opinions.... pls .thanks

Members don't see this ad.

jjoe00 said:
hi, b4 y'aal say not agin.. this is not a which is better question, okay this is my situation, i am thinking about applying to MAMS and GEORGETOWN but like so many i have some gpa issues, less than 3.00 on the higher side of 2 but n e ways, it seem sthese programs are supercompetitive and if i aplpy i would be doing so sorta late since so many have gotten accpetances and classes are filling up, (takng gre at the end of april)question is there any point of applying with a supbar gpa or should i just apply somewhere else post bacc or some other program tat is noy so cutthroat. honest opinions.... pls .thanks

You're talking about BU MAMS? I think their website said that they usually don't accept people without below a 3.0, but that they do make exceptions to the rule. I would definately apply, because if you are a good applicant otherwise you probably have a good shot.

I would look into other programs as well. But I wouldn't not apply because you don't think you're competitive. These programs don't really list average GPAs of accepted students (tell me if I am wrong), so it's hard to make assumptions either way.