Question about Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GatorGirl87

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. I have a question about Mercer for anyone that may know a little bit about that school. I noticed on their website that they have a Baptist foundation. I was wondering if you guys would consider Mercer to be a school with religious undertones? I mean, I know they accept all kinds of people, but is there a religious feeling present? Is the student body diverse?

I am not a religious person (though I respect those who are). I just want to go to a school that is diverse and not religion oriented. Please don't take this post the wrong way! I just am trying to decide if I should apply there. I love the Atlanta area and my boyfriend is applying to Emory for law school, so I am very interested in the school.

Thanks in advance for any input!
 
Hey guys. I have a question about Mercer for anyone that may know a little bit about that school. I noticed on their website that they have a Baptist foundation. I was wondering if you guys would consider Mercer to be a school with religious undertones? I mean, I know they accept all kinds of people, but is there a religious feeling present? Is the student body diverse?

I am not a religious person (though I respect those who are). I just want to go to a school that is diverse and not religion oriented. Please don't take this post the wrong way! I just am trying to decide if I should apply there. I love the Atlanta area and my boyfriend is applying to Emory for law school, so I am very interested in the school.

Thanks in advance for any input!
Try searching archives - I think I have posted on this subject before. But, in a nutshell - yes, we have a very diverse student body. Mercer was previously affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, but that affiliation was dissolved several years ago. Certainly, it is still a campus where you can be open about your Christianity if you want to be, or not. PM me if you have more specific questions.