question about misconduct and applying to pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

murphy2233

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year, I got stopped by a cop because I was helping my drunk friend cross the street. He smelled alcohol on my breath (did not have much to drink that night) and I had to go to my universities student affairs. I didn't get a ticket from the county or anything like that, the university cop just notified my university. Anyways, the letter said I was found responsible for violating the student conduct code because of under-age comsumption of alcohol, and I got a written reprimand saying to refrain from actions in the future and I had to go to this little alcohol and the law class given by a university police officer.

The student affairs told me that the record is confidential and can only be released if I give written permission, and in order for a graduate school to see it, I would have to fill out a dean ceritification request, and it would not be sent with my transcripts

On an application it asked: Are you currently or have you ever been charged with or subject to disciplinary action for scholastic or any other type of misconduct at any educational institution? If yes, explain.

Given the information above, should I explain everything to that question? Any help would be appreciated as I am really stressing out about this and my chances. :scared:
 
Last edited:
That is kind of hard to say, from what I understand, your transcripts have ANY and all conduct violations from your institution included. It would be best to disclose because you do not want to risk lieing on your application.

I am in a similar situation (only with a juvenile misdemeanor) and I talked to several counselors. If they find out you lied on your application for pharmacy school, they can kick you out of the program and revoke your acceptance (that would be extremely disappointing if you are in your 4th year ready to graduate and they find out and expel you😱) kind of one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't things...

The admissions committee are people just like us, they make mistakes too, I doubt they will care, it's not like what you did was that bad.

But talk to whoever is in charge of that stuff (Student Conduct Office?) and ask if that is on your school permanent record, then go from there.
 
You should disclose it and not worry about it. Look everybody screws up or has some bad luck in life. The bottom line is you didn't kill anybody or commit a felony so relax ( and if you did you could say you are sorry and get a reduced sentance). If they really are interested in you not your mistake that's all I would focus on. If your a good candidate it shouldn't hold you back.